james and the giant peaches



A couple weeks ago Sage and I went to the farmer's market. It was teetering on nap time but I pushed my luck because of a selfish need for mango lemonade and the giant white peaches found only at the farmer's market. Mama ain't gon' buy her peaches at the grocery store. Plus the farmer's market has what I call "James and the Giant Peach" peaches and for no other reason alone I buy them so I can imagine living in them. Which is weird I know.

 but Roald Dahl you will always have my heart. 

So the baby bird needed that Saturday morning nap that happens right after the gym and before lunch, but alas, this is prime farmer's market time. It's not too hot yet and people are still hungover or eating brunch or both. So I risk it for my James and the Giant Peaches and try bribing him with the greatest mango lemonade in all the land. Which works 9 times out of 10. 

But not this time.

So on the way back home with fresh flowers and peaches and a case of blackberries that all molded because I can't eat that many blackberries we stopped to visit Kacie. And if I wasn't sure before if I was pushing my luck, this tangent from the plan drove the point home. Below are the picture evidence I took from outside Kacie's apartment. Note the less than impressed face and the shoe trying to kick the phone out of my hand. 

Luckily I don't have a baby who throws tantrums. He just gets attitude. 
Baby got sass.

Because in the past that 1 time out of 10 the mango lemonade doesn't make him happy a little bit of front-cam selfie action will get some positive feedback.

A child after my own heart.






Comments

Popular Posts