currently


A friend of mine brought me to this hidden pocket of wonderful on the lake that you would never know existed unless someone was to show it to you. It's amazing that there are so many little pockets of wonderful all around here, and I can't see the forest for the trees or the beach for the sand or the porcupine for the needles and I get myself stuck seeing the same things every day. So the fact of the matter is that I can drive an hour to one of the most beautiful places in the world where people come from anywhere and everywhere and I just don't because there's not enough time or gas is expensive or whatever I come up with. I just need to remember to see the forest and the beach and the porcupine for what they are and to keep living and keep having amazing experiences and keep letting people take me to pockets of wonderful.



Well would you look at that... time for another "currently" post. My how the time does fly. Speaking of flies I stumbled across this quote today:

“Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.”

..and embarrassingly enough I laughed a little to myself and had to include it into this post so you could laugh a little bit to yourself embarrassingly enough too.

Now onto business as usual.


Reading
I just ordered two books that I have already read but we have parted ways through the years so I needed to buy them again and read them again because they are really just that good in completely different ways.  The first is Letters to a Young Poet by Ranier Maria Rilke and the other is Sex,Drugs and Coco Puffs by Chuck Klosterman, and like I said they are both inspiring in completely different ways and I need to read both very soon so hurry up UPS guy, don't you know you are carrying knowledge and information in that bag? What a cool responsibility! To be the deliverer of the knowledge. That's kind of what I do too, figuratively speaking. Woah, post derailed. 

Eating: 
Gluten-free bagels are the cat's pajamas. Not as great as regular bagels (obviously) but not terrible either so thank you for that Udi's. Thank you for making bagels that don't taste as much like sawdust as the other gluten-free things in the world. Small step for mankind.

Thinking about: 
All kinds of things. My mind has been a whirlwind and I'm feeling creative and open to inspiration, and when you're in a mindset like that the universe opens up all kinds of doors that were probably there all along but you couldn't see them and life comes flowing in like floodgates have been opened.  So I'm balancing that and figuring out how to sleep because how can you sleep when there's so much inspiration in the air? There are books to read and films to see and life to live and thoughts to sort through. So sleep is fleeting and life is good and maybe someday I'll look back at this part of my life and think "those were the days" and knowing that I'm living in "the days" RIGHT NOW is overwhelming and I can't take enough pictures or live enough life or put my feet in enough fresh water.

Listening to: 


Watching: 
Sage has officially crossed into that endearing phase where he does everything that I do. He wants to hold keys and pretend to talk on the phone and open and close the doors himself. If I'm blow-drying my hair he comes and stands at my feet and closes his eyes and I know after a couple good temper tantrums that he wants to have his hair blow-dried too, gosh dangit. Because isn't that what being a grownup is all about? Unlocking doors and blow-drying you hair and being able to reach the sink to wash your hands without a stool?
Sage has also been laughing a lot, and his laughs are so forced and over the top that I know he's trying to imitate me. Which is pretty cool that when you're son mimics you it's with a laugh. That makes me feel like I'm doing something right. That and dancing in the car. Life is about laughing and dancing in the car. You can quote me on that one right there. Parenting according to Alyssa Jensen.

Enjoying: 
Looking for inspiration everywhere. And finding it. 

Comments

Popular Posts