nauvoo

Spring break!! 

Sage and I flew to see Haydn and Sean this week for spring break. Saturday we flew into Indianapolis, drove to their house outside of Indianapolis, then Monday morning we hopped into the car and headed to Nauvoo. This translates to: a lot of traveling in a short amount of time.

I died and went to old-timey heaven when we got to Nauvoo. 

Nauvoo is a town that lives in 1856 goodness. We toured all the shops and learned how people in that time made bricks, boots, and blacksmith-y things. We ate homemade fudge, then went back for more homemade fudge. Sage took a serious stroller nap while we toured the shops, which was perfect because I don't think he would have loved learning how bricks, boots and blacksmith-y things are made as much as I did.  We even met up with some friends that were visiting Nauvoo too. What the heck are the odds?? It's a small world and all that.

So Nauvoo has a show called "Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo" (and yes, I had to google search the spelling of the word rendezvous. Don't you hate when you can't spell something and autocorrect can't even figure out what you're trying to say??). Well in "Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo" the senior missionaries put on a free musical about the saints leaving Nauvoo for Utah. It was fantastic. Like I said -- old time-y heaven.

Now we're in Chicago and about to go off to do some more exploring! 
Wish us luck. While everyone else is laying on the beach for spring break I'll be off being a tourist and freezing my buns off. 

But while I do that, here are some pictures of our time in Nauvoo:



Comments

Popular Posts