chicago fish zoo


Big fans of aquariums over here. 

The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago did not disappoint. 

May the record state that eels are officially the creepiest creatures on the face of this earth. I almost jumped out of my skin when I realized that hiding in the middle of what I thought was a patch of floating seaweed was the longest and fattest eel performing witch doctor spells on me against my will (I assume).  It took about 30 minutes to get my blood pressure back to normal after I realized that one; my nose right up against the glass and looking for the eel the sign claimed was in the tank while said eel was staring back at me and stealing my soul.

Also, seahorses are magical and jellyfish are hypnotizing.


We also learned that bright colored frogs are always up to no good. Avoid them at all costs. 

Belugas and otters are impossible to take pictures of.
And penguins will always have my heart.



See pictures from our trip to the Monterey Bay fish zoo here.


Comments

Popular Posts