outfit inspiration: holiday meeting

I attended a holiday training meeting in Sacramento this morning. This is usually a 2 hour drive, but because there was a snowstorm in the mountains, the drive took 4 hours. Good thing we left early! The training was a casual meeting so jeans were acceptable as long as they were dressed up appropriately.

Because I needed to leave my house by 6 in the morning, and I knew I would be spending a large part of my day in the car, I wanted an outfit that was comfortable but looked put together. I chose to wear a pair of dark wash skinny jeans with a lot of stretch. I paired them with layered neutrals, a black cardigan, and a red plaid scarf for a holiday-appropriate pop of color!

My hair is as straight as it gets, and when there is ANY moisture in the air it is almost impossible to work with. This is usually fine because I live in the desert, but on snowy days I need a back up plan. I knew that if I even tried to curl my hair it would end up flat and stuck straight onto my head by the time I even got to the meeting. The same goes for my bangs. I tried to work with them but it didn't take long for me to realize I needed to cut my losses and pin the bangs back for my sanity.

I was afraid that putting my hair up would end up looking too casual, so I decided to french braid my hair across the back into a side ponytail. I teased my bangs and pinned them back to keep them off my face. This way my hair was out of my way but still looked like I had put some thought into it. I LOVE using this hairstyle if I'm going to be traveling. On an airplane it's great because it keeps my hair flat to the back of my head so I can sleep against the headrest, which is almost impossible to do with a ponytail coming out of the back of your head.

I put on some gold glitter flats and headed out the door to brave the storm!xo

Comments

Popular Posts