homemade baby food adventure #1: banana avocado

We woke up this morning to rain and yucky weather, so I figured it would be a perfect day to try making baby food.



Sage woke up happy as a little clam so I knew that he would be open to trying something new! I found this website of what foods to introduce at different ages and how. Thank you, pinterest! I had errands to run in the morning anyway so while we were out I picked up a ripe avocado. We had bananas on hand already so I decided that would be a perfect mix! Neither bananas or avocados need to be cooked before they are made into baby food, and since we're both new to homemade baby food I decided the easier the better!



I mashed the avocado and the banana together using a fork, but it was still too clumpy...



so I put them into the blender until they were the perfect consistency.



Look how much better it looks than the nasty baby food in a jar (which is supposed to be squash but looks..and smells..nothing like squash) haha



Okay! Moment of truth! I put Sage in his chair, slapped a bib on him, and hoped for the best!



Sizing it up...



Thinking...



He likes it! YAY!!



He couldn't get enough! He loved it!



He was a happy and full baby! Our first baby food adventure was a huge success. I can't wait to try more baby foods on my little taste tester!xo

Comments

  1. He is the sweetest, cutest baby EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We just love his little smiley face!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts