gluten free flour blend

  

About two years ago I figured out that I am allergic to gluten. It was totally an accident (I'll tell that story another time...) but it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  However, it makes things a little difficult. I LOVE baked goods. I mean, love them. We're talking unhealthy obsession. For someone who loves baked goods as much as I do to find out she is allergic to gluten is nothing short of devastating (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration... but it definitely did stink).

Soooo, luckily (for me) my mom found out she was gluten intolerant as well. She's a little more motivated than I am. She went on a mission to find the best gluten free flour blend to substitute in baking recipes that she could, and this is hands down the end-all-be-all of GF flour blends (and we tried A LOT of not so good ones). I'm posting this as a separate post because I use this blend in baking so much I want to have it archived somewhere so I can just link it in future recipes anytime it's used.

Gluten Free Flour Blend 
(adapted from the flour blend recipe found here)
2 cups rice flour
2/3 cups potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1 tsp xanthun gum
*if you have an Asian market where you live, the rice flour and tapioca starch is dirt cheap.

Blend together and use as a direct substitute to flour! xo

Comments

Popular Posts