wednesday!


It's been a rainy week around here. Personally, I love the rain. I love the sound of the rain on the windows. I love the way the world looks when it's being washed clean. I love the vibrant colors.

However, I also realize that when it rains I move a little slower. I feel more calm. With that, my motivation to get things done goes down the drain with the rainfall. I want to just curl up and listen to the rain while building towers out of blocks (a favorite around here lately). The things that need to get done get pushed back and the things that calm the soul get pushed to the forefront. Maybe that's why I love the rain so much, because in the desert it doesn't come around often. And when it does, I use it as an excuse to slow down, put on a heavy sweatshirt, and enjoy the moment.

Plus, who doesn't love breaking out rain boots? Wellies have a special place in my heart for no good reason at all.

Remind me why I live in the middle of the desert again?

Comments

Popular Posts