the one with a mouse invasion

This post is about my encounters with a mouse (the animal)...I took a picture with a mouse. Because I'm hilarious and so clever, obviously.

Alright, so first things first. We need to rewind to about this time last week.

I was in the bathtub when I looked over into the hallway and saw him. A mouse. Staring at me with his beady little eyes. I know right? What a perv. 

So the mouse and I were just staring at each other -- I would like to say that we were having some sort of stare-down but in all actuality I'm pretty sure we just scared the crap out of each other and were both frozen in a state of shock. He broke the stare-down and ran back down the hall and down the stairs off to who knows where. So there I was, frozen and stuck in the bathtub, like some sort of nude sculpture that was uprooted and thrown into my tub.

Finally I came to the conclusion that I would name the mouse Trevor and we would just coexist in this little apartment together. He would be the daytime tenant and we would be the evening tenants. This was decision enough to unfreeze myself and lift myself out of the tub to at least dry off and get some clothes on, for heaven's sake. 

I have to admit, part of the reason that I was so shaken up about this mouse spotting was because I can't handle the idea of having to set traps and kill a mouse. And clean up a dead mouse. I get it, they're dirty creatures. But honestly, so is Sage sometimes. And we get along just swimmingly. Visions of The Rescuers flashed through my head along with justifications such as, "well they can't be all bad" and, "some people even have mice for pets". 

About a week went by with no more sightings of Trevor. I have to admit, I was pretty much okay with that. I figured he had moved on to bigger and better things. That maybe he had found a mansion to live in where he could even have his own wing where no one bothered him. Maybe he even had a canopy bed? I mean, it's pretty close quarters around here. A mansion would really be better suited for a classy mouse like Trevor. Actually, now that I think about it, I would probably be better suited in a mansion as well. But that's a different story entirely.

Alls well that ends well, right?

Until tonight. 

I was just minding my own business, watching a documentary on Netflix because I am a wild and crazy human being like that, when Trevor scampered across the floor around my feet. I have to admit, I was not really into the coexisting game plan at this point. Mostly because I felt like Trevor was acting like an ex-boyfriend who disappears and then shows back up right when you're starting to get over him. I had decided that Trevor was no longer in our lives anymore, and here he is, scampering around like he owns the place. 

Uhhhhh not so sure about this inconsistency, guy. 

But then...I mean... what about The Rescuers? Or The Great Mouse Detective? The mice in Cinderella? MICKEY AND MINNEY FOR PETE'S SAKE. Not all mice are bad... right? At least the cartoon ones are pretty endearing.

You know, mice get a pretty bad wrap. They generally exist in the pet store as snake food. 

So Trevor and I are on the rocks at this moment, and Colin has decided that he is going to put an end to the whole thing this weekend while he's in town. So the story of our roommate Trevor might just be a short one.


Keep fingers crossed for Trevor landing a home in that mansion.
That would really be the best ending for everyone, you know?

Comments

Popular Posts