a new job, a new beginning!



I have been keeping my interview process quiet, but after today it's official! I was hired on as the newest math teacher at Eagle Valley Middle School. I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade math. So exciting! My first day is a week from Thursday. Can't wait to finally do what I went to school for. I love my store and the kids there, and I know that they will do just fine without me. I want to be an example to them to always be setting bigger goals for themselves and striving to reach those goals.

I am also excited beyond words for a consistent work schedule. My evenings and weekends will be free to spend with my little Sage. I cannot express how excited/thankful/blessed/happy I am! On to the next chapter of this adventure we call life!xo

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!! I had no idea you graduated in that! I thought you did fashion design or merchandising. I may eventually go back to school and get a math minor and take the secondary ed classes I skipped my first time through college. Best wishes! What grades will you be teaching? Are you taking over someone else's job or did they need an additional teacher there?
    Jen Cherpeski

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, duh. I reread your post and see that you DID say 7th and 8th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking over a contract for a 1 year leave of absence, then if the teacher chooses not to come back it will hopefully turn into a permanent position. I'm so excited! And fashion design/merchandising are just interests:) I decided to go into teaching because it was a more "stable" position. That was before the economy turned!
    And right now math positions are the positions hardest to fill so if you do decide to go back that would be the way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts