wednesday!


This Wednesday was going to be about celebrating with vanilla muffins with lemon glaze, but this face looked up and me and made it very clear that the bug that I had last week had spread to the other side of the house. He walked upstairs when we got home from the grocery store, feet dragging, and stood next to his crib trying to pull himself in. So I gave him a bottle. Because we all need to act a little bit like babies when we are sick... (even people not of the one-year-old variety) and I let him have an early bed time. Before I put him into bed he laid his head down on the edge of my bed and looked up at me with those big blue eyes to really drive the point home just how yucky he was feeling. Heartbreaking, that's what that is.

Now I can't bring myself to make muffins without baby hands holding a spatula stirring (flinging) the batter next to me. So muffins will have to come to pass another night, but for now I'm going to enjoy this quiet house and this Wednesday night with a bath and a new book.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Oh! And if you're in the market for a good book to read I just finished The Fault in Our Stars in three days flat. Cried my eyes out but would recommend it until I'm blue in the face.

Comments

Popular Posts