It's been quite a whirlwind of a year. I have watched Sage grow and change so much, and in turn I have also grown and changed so much. But that's what life is about, right? Changing and growing and reevaluating and laughing and singing and dancing and changing and growing some more.
So I got to a point where my old blog name just didn't fit me anymore. It was something I've been thinking about for awhile, and there were a couple reasons why I finally made the change.
1. I was constantly forgetting to add the "nv" at the end of the domain name and would end up in the wrong place. I figured if I did this more times than not I couldn't be the only one.
2. "headoverheels" brought up all kinds of wedding blogs when plugged into a search engine. Which is not my niche at all. So I was a single mom lifestyle blog in the middle of all kinds of wedding planning blogs. I felt a bit like a wolf in sheep's clothing.
3. There were sooooo many (and I mean so many) blogs that have head over heels in the name in some way. "head over heels with life" "head over heels in California" "head over heels with heels". ICK. It all felt too... flitty for my taste.
.... so why existence of wonder?
4. "life of wonder" was taken.
5. existence is a prettier word anyway, sometimes plan b works out better than plan a would have in the first place.
6. I have this goal as a parent to instill a love of learning and an unbroken curiosity for life. I never want Sage to stop asking questions, I never want him to stop finding out for himself, I never want this one-and-half-year-old wonder to disappear. I never want us to stop going on adventures, stop running through the park, stop looking at the world upside down and rightside up and as it spins around our heads when we roll down the hill. I want us to take life for every drop of beauty that it has. And this is what I want this little corner of the internet that I call my own to represent.
And that's why I changed my blog URL.