teeny tiny egg bakes for teeny tiny fingers

This weekend we made egg bakes with baby-friendly foods. Once babies are older than 8 months eggs are given the okay, so I was excited to experiment. I have made egg bakes for myself, but I usually add cheese and peppers, both of which are not baby-friendly. So I narrowed it down to eggs, broccoli and mushrooms. I cut the tops off the broccoli and just used the sprouts for this recipe. I was afraid the bigger chunks from the stems would be too dense for toothless chewing.
The stems went into the food processor with steamed cauliflower for baby food.

Mini Egg Bakes
3 large eggs
1 cup steamed broccoli
1 large mushroom
1 tbs water

Whisk eggs and water together in a bowl. Add broccoli sprouts and whisk again. Pour into greased mini muffin tins and add chopped mushrooms to the top. Cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the eggs have set. Let cool and use a knife to separate the eggs from the tin.

 Enjoy! Best served warm.













Comments

Popular Posts